ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7
ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 will be based on Astrium’s Eurostar 3000 platform, optimized for high-growth broadcasting markets, two beams will give superior coverage across the Middle East, including Gulf states, as well as North Africa and North-West Africa.
- Up to 44 Ku band transponders will be connected to a broad high power footprint serving the Middle East and North Africa for Direct-to-Home (DTH) broadcasting.
- A second footprint for North-West Africa, across the Maghreb countries and extending down to the Gulf of Guinea will be connected to a payload of up to 12 Ku-band transponders designed for consumer broadcasting services and equipped to meet high for internet access services.
ATLANTIC BIRD™ 7 vital statistics:
- Platform: Astrium Eurostar E3000
- Width with solar panels deployed 33 m
- Mass at launch 4.6 tones
- Power at end-of-life 12 kW
- Operational lifetime 15 + years
Astrium, a wholly owned subsidiary of EADS, is dedicated to providing civil and defense space systems and services.